P.O. Box 1106, Lapeer, MI
48446 (810) 441-3892
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the program?
- We help people pay the veterinary fees to spay or
neuter their cats and dogs.
- Why was the program created?
- Thousands of healthy, adoptable dogs and
cats, puppies and kittens are killed each year because there are no homes for
them. We want to slow the killing by slowing down the number of animals born.
- Who is the program for?
- People who are on government assistance
or who have low incomes and cannot afford to have their pets sterilized. The
application shows the details on who qualifies for the program. All personal
information will be kept in the strictest confidence.
- How does the program work?
- You fully complete and sign an application. (Print one here.)
- Make a copy of the card or tax form or
letter that shows proof of your financial need.
- Write a check or money order payable
to Animal Welfare Society for your portion of the spay/neuter fee as
- Male Cat..................$35
- Female Cat Spay.......$45
- Male Dog Neuter........$55
- Female Dog Spay.......$65
- Mail the application, proof and your
- Animal Welfare Society
- P.O. Box 1106
- Lapeer, MI 48446
- When you are approved, we call you
with the name of a participating vet in your area. You make an appointment
with the vet and take your pet to the vet for the surgery. You pick up your
pet after the surgery. The vet will tell you how to prepare your pet for the
surgery and what care your pet will need after the surgery.
- The vet bills AWSMM for the surgery,
and we pay the vet bill for the spay/neuter surgery. If you request
additional services from the vet, you will have to pay for them yourself.
- What vet services are covered?
- The program covers the spay or neuter
fee only. It does not cover any additional fees such as testing, blood work,
antibiotics, painkillers, declawing, vaccines, treatment of diseases or
infestations such as fleas or ear mites, or any other procedure unrelated to
the sterilization of the animal.
- Why do I have to pay for part of the bill?
- We want to make the surgery affordable
for the individual pet owner. At the same time, we want to reach as many
animals as possible. Our funds will go much farther if the pet owners pay
- What if my application is not approved?
- We will return your payment to you by mail.
- Where can I get more information?
- Call (810) 441-3892 and leave a message. One of our members will return your call. Or email us at email@example.com
(Back to top of page)